1.06.2011

on the 12th day of christmas...

Hi! Popping in with a fun little something to share today.

I was honored to be invited by Ellen Hutson to be a guest blogger in the wonderful "12 Days of Christmas" series on the CLASSroom blog this year. And today's my day!

Here's a peek at what I came up with, using some of my favorite new Hero Arts stamps and scraps:


If you tend to make and accumulate lots of inky backgrounds (hello, Distress Inks!) this is a very simple idea that will help you get them out of your scrap drawer and onto cards in a matter of minutes.

Click over here to the CLASSroom for the whole enchilada and be sure to leave a comment there because there's a giveaway...a really fabulous giveaway! Let's just say it might involve the number 12 and a certain company I love. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Sian said...

I spotted your post on the CLASSroom site, and great idea with the backgrounds, very effective. I'm going to enjoy playing around with this technique, thanks for the inspiration.

Barb said...

Oh, how fun! Love your peeks, Tami! I'm off to check it out! Congrats on your guest blogging gig!

Lin said...

I ADORE your resulting cards! Darn it, more to add to my wishlist! And I've never been to Ellen Hutson's site; thanks for the push!

Sue McRae said...

Loved your post at the CLASSroom site Tami!

Tiffany said...

Fabulous cards Tami, so happy you got to display your work over at Ellen Hutson, love their products!

Jessie said...

Just saw your post on The Classroom LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love that flower stamp. It's on my wish list. Great post Tami!

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these cards Tami!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Tami,

Wow, these cards you show there are true beauties!! I love the colors you used and how simple, but yet so gorgeous these ideas are, I definitely have to put some more new Hero Arts stamps on my wishkist now, hi hi!!

Hugs, Wendy

Joy said...

So nice to see you talent being used on another blog, and what beautiful work it is, love it Tami, hugs!

Kryssi said...

you and your techniques!! so amazing!!

Princess said...

These cards are absolutely stunning. So glad I stopped by the Classroom!

Thank you for showing the step-by-step. Breath taking. Particularly becaue I have looked at a piece of background paper and wondered what in the world to do next!

Very inspiring. I'm going to send my sister a link to these cards. She's going to flip.

Sharon said...

I adore what you did with your "scraps", Tami! Beautiful cards!
Sharon D from Canada

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Tami, what an awesome inspirations! Absolutely gorgeous!