3.25.2011

fresh inspiration friday

Happy Friday! Ahhh...that sounds so nice! I have to tell you, I haven't been feeling especially creative lately so I apologize for the lack of posts. It's a good thing I was scheduled to blog at Hero Arts this week...it forced me to create and stick with it!

So today I'm sharing a little something I stamped for today's Fresh Inspiration Friday challenge. Anita provided a fabulous inspiration piece, didn't she? I was in the mood for some simple stamp layering and here's what I came up with...


The size of this card may look odd -- that's because I created it to fit into one of the Maya Road Kraft Envelopes. I'm in love with these cute envies! I've learned if you're creating anything but a standard 4.25" x 5.5" card, start with the envelope and go from there...makes life much easier. :)

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps (Flower Swirl Vine, Circle Lace, Friends & Treasures, Silhouette Spray), Basic Grey patterned paper (Manila Basics 6x6), Martha Stewart ribbon, Ranger Distress Ink (Faded Jeans, Walnut Stain), Hero Arts Shadow Ink (Soft Pool, Soft Brown), Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan), Maya Road Kraft Envelope, pop dots.

Speaking of the Flower Swirl Vine, here's another card I did with it this week.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend everyone!

22 comments:

Barb said...

This is so pretty, Tami! I love your layering over the patterned paper! Beautiful, soft colors too!

Jennifer said...

Just beautiful...your colors, layers, design....love this!
(Jenifer Ann)

AnitaRex said...

Hmm I like those envelopes too and see how you made a card to fit! :> I love this take on the picture so much Tami! It's so very pretty and perfect! Thank you for turning our little challenge into the Fresh inspiration Friday challenge on the HA blog! :>

Sanne said...

.....glad to have you back Tami! I really like your card - you used one of my fave color combos brown/light blue, so beautiful!
Enjoy your weekend!

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is gorgeous! Love it! The colors are so pretty and all the stamped layers work really well, amazing card!!
Hugs, Wendy

Tiffany said...

Love your distressing, really gorgeous colors!

Sharon D from Canada said...

Love this so much, Tami! When I saw it on the blog and at flickr, I was so busy admiring your gorgeous card I didn't notice the yummy envie - what a pretty shape!

China said...

Thanks for the idea...I always have that problem! Beautiful card!

Jessie said...

Beautiful card!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Tami! So glad it was your week at the Hero Arts blog...I've been checking in to see your lovely work and have missed you! Glad you're back...and what a beauty of a card! I love the soft blue and brown...great take on Anita's inspiration piece. I also love the other card you made with the Flower Swirl Vine stamp...lovely! Take care,
Judy1223

Ashley M said...

So pretty! The layering is gorgeous and perfect. So inspiring....as always. :)

Libby Hickson said...

This is soooo gorgeous! I've been hoarding that Martha Stewart ribbon for YEARS - you are making me think perhaps I should actually use it... what a concept... :-)

Joy said...

So so beautiful Tami, just love all the stamping goodness in one card..and the colours are so dreamy...so good to see you back blogging again, hopefully this has given you some much needed mojo..but I know that anything you create is always so gorgeous..enjoy the rest of your weekend..hugs!

nette said...

oh i just love love this card tami! so stunning! the colors are just amazing and goes so well w/ each other. thank you for always inspiring me :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the soft feel to the backgrounds on your layers.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love this card, Tami - it was such a fun color inspiration day! Thanks for including us!

Jill said...

This is so gorgeous! I love your layers- perfection!

ivy said...

beautiful card tami! love the layers!

Jo-Anne said...

What a gorgeous card! I keep coming back just to look at it. Peaceful, beautiful, colours are stunning together, major WOW factor for me in a peaceful way. Love it, love it.

jbuffan said...

This is just beautiful. I just found your blog this morning, from Pinterest, which I just found yesterday :)
Your blog went directly to my favorites right next to Jennifer McQuire....I think your in good company !
Hero Arts was my first love and continues to be my favorite. I love it here. I have a feeling I'm getting much done for awhile this morning :)

Judy1223 said...

Still loving this card...and hoping all is well with you. (I miss seeing your lovely creations!)

evik said...

I love this card!