7.07.2011

simple summer birthday card

Sometimes, you just need a simple little birthday card to throw on top of the gift before you walk out the door. Know what I mean? This is one such card, easy to whip up in a few minutes. :)


It went on top of a plain kraft paper wrapped package, not in an envelope or anything. Even though I'm addicted to buying wrapping paper, kraft is my go-to. Trusty ol' kraft...gotta love it!

Something else I'm loving is the flower stamp on this card, from the Hero Arts/BasicGrey set called Butterflies and Print. The stamp with all the words (Life of the Party Words) is the stamp of the week at Hero Arts this week -- it's a fun one too! Did you see the scene Jennifer created with it here? Brilliant, I tell you.

Work is super busy and my house is in desperate need of of a good cleaning. Or any cleaning for that matter. ;) We've been enjoying summer and lots of this...


My husband coaches both daughter's teams so we spend many an evening at the ballpark this time of year.

Hope you're enjoying summer!

10 comments:

Chari M. said...

I love brown paper wrapped packages! That is the only wrapping paper I own really. Nice card, I love that flower with text in it, it just gives it an extra something! Thanks for sharing

Kelly Rasmussen said...

LOVE the card!
and i really miss those girls (and you too!)...hopefully things settle down and bit and we can get together soon. xo. :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love your card! The flower is so cute. I'll have to check out that stamp!

Nancy said...

I'm loving the "out of print" flower stamp, looks so pretty on this fresh and fun card. I like the flower stamped beneath the sentiment, that's a trick I like to use too!
thanks for sharing the summer fun photos of your girls, brings back fond memories of my days on the soccer sidelines.
hugs!

Diana said...

Beautiful card and photos, Tammi! Miss you!

Joy said...

Well your talent shows in this card, 10 min card...that is what I call designing at it's best..your girls are adorable..enjoy your Summer nights..hugs

Barb said...

Ah, Summer! Nothin' like nights at the ballpark. Your girls look so cute, Tami! Hope things settle down enough for you to get your house cleaned. . .I totally know what that feels like, and way too often too! :) Love your card! Hugs to you!

AnitaRex said...

HI Tami! What a great card! My house needs a good clean too, I've been out with the kids having too much fun in the sun and I am too tired to clean it! :> Your girls look like they are having so much fun playing baseball!!! :>

Sharon D from Canada said...

Fun to see you and the fam enjoying the summer. The cleaning can wait :)
Really cute card - I love the added stitching! And I loved your card on the HA blog today too!

cards by cara said...

Gorgeous card - and that flower with text is stunning!