8.26.2011

double stamped lotus background

Hello there! Quick share today...


The design here is pretty straightforward. First I stamped the circle doily from the Hero Arts/BasicGrey Picadilly Hello There set (coming in October!) in black. Then, I masked it off and stamped the Lotus Background not once, but twice, over the top. The second generation impression was given a little mist of water. I like to change the look of a background stamp by double stamping it like this every now and then. It's all about the versatility! Oh, and the background is also misted lightly with Perfect Pearls and water, but the sun didn't want to come out so I had trouble capturing it in the photo.

So happy the weekend has rolled around. Do you have any fun plans? I have a little birthday shopping to do for a soon-to-be 10 year old. No more single digits around here...we're movin' on up! Ready or not. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your card is beautiful Tami! Love the double stamped background. Happy Birthday to your soon to be 10 year old! :)

ivy said...

this is beautiful! will have to give this a try one day!

Mary Dawn said...

i {heart} it when you blog

Kelly Rasmussen said...

love it! xo

Barb said...

Your background turned out beautifully, Tami! The black, circle doily looks wonderful with these pretty shades of pink!

I've got a fun boat ride tonight with family and I plan on playin' in Judy's scramble on Sunday too! Have a fun one! :)

Lin said...

Lovely, Tami! The new doily looks like something I'd like to have, and the background is pretty, too! Eeek - double digits! Now the fun starts :)))

Sandi said...

Ok now I need this stamp:) What fun technique to use with this stamp. Love your designs!!! Have fun shopping for the soon to be 10 year old.

Brenda said...

A stunning card Tami! I love teh tip about double stamping the background, it really looks beautiful!

Lucy Abrams said...

GORGEOUS - I am going to try some double stamping... thank you. :)

Tiffany said...

WOW! So pretty, love the POP of bold colors, Tami!

kath said...

beautiful card tami...love the double stamped background...hugs kath xxx

Pia said...

Gorgeous Tami! Love the double stamping! Have a great Sunday!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE this Tami...just gorgeous!!!!

Leni said...

Beautiiful! Great idea !

Sharon D from Canada said...

Very pretty, Tami! I love your bg! And the pearls on the doily look fab!

Deirdre said...

Love this Tami. Beautiful card.

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love that background!

Barb Ghig said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love the idea of double stamping the background...never thought of it before...thanks! I'll bet the misting looks beautiful IRL!!!